We were over at a neighbor's house today having a church meeting. Several other kids were coloring nicely in the kitchen and Garrett asked me if he could color too. I said no because it was almost time to go and we needed to go and clean up the toys. He of course threw a tantrum (which I ignored) and we continued on with our meeting. Well, while I was distracted with finishing things up, Garrett found a colored pencil on the floor that someone had dropped. He then found a place to color......the wall in the hallway and in the toy room!!!! I of course didn't know this until one of the other kids came and said, "Your boy just colored all over the wall!" My response to this was, "No, my boy wouldn't do that!" Ha ha! He showed me! Well, after a timeout we found a rag and cleaned it up. Luckily the owner of the home didn't seem to care too much and offered her "magic eraser" to do the job right!
I hope we BOTH learned our lesson...Me to let him color with the other kids using paper in a place where I can supervise him and Garrett to color on the wall again so he can use a cool sponge to wash it off with! (That's what he kept talking about all day afterward and was excited to tell his dad about when he got home from work!) Grrrrrrrrr! :)
4 comments:
Sorry! Next time he can color with Brinley and Kylie at my house!
That sounds frustrating, but funny! Especially that he thought his consequence was so fun.
Sounds like a repeat of Karston's room!! It's frustrating to be a parent to independent little toddlers sometimes, that's why we have to remember their "cute and adorable" moments!
I have crayon all over one of my outlet covers. I just can't get myself to clean it up..it reminds me of my kiddos being babies. Enjoy him for all of his loveliness!
Post a Comment